This tonic, as I call it, is a general weight loss supplement as well as keeping one’s body healthy.
This stuff will keep you healthy if you take it daily. If your on a weight loss plan, it’s a great supplement.
Apple Cider Vinegar has an abundance of health benefits that I will not enumerate here.
I don’t recall where I found it, but it is not my recipe.
You may want to wear gloves during the preparation, especially when handling hot peppers, because it is difficult to get the tingling off your hands! Be careful, its smell is very strong, and it may stimulate the sinuses instantly.
- ¼ cup finely chopped garlic
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 fresh peppers, the hottest you can find (be careful with the cleaning – wear gloves!!!) I used 2 large serrano peppers. Do not de seed them. You want it hot.
- ¼ cup grated ginger
- 2 tbsp grated horseradish
- 2 tbsp turmeric powder or 2 pieces of turmeric root, grated
- 1 T ground cumin
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except for the vinegar.
- Transfer the mixture to a Mason jar.
- Pour in some apple cider vinegar and fill it to the top. It is best if 2/3 of the jar consist of dry ingredients, and fill in the rest with vinegar.
- Close well and shake.
- Keep the jar in a cool and dry place for 2 weeks. Shake well several times a day.
- After 14 days, squeeze well and strain the liquid through a plastic strainer. Squeeze well so the whole juice comes out. I used a tea towel that I had to throw away. The turmeric stains easily.
- Use the rest of the dry mixture when cooking
I urge you to pour 1 T of this into a half liter bottle of water, and sip throughout the day. When you get used to it, increase to 2 T in your water bottle. Shake before drinking, and use a straw. A nice amount at bedtime will aid in weight loss.
The horseradish root and turmeric root were hard to find, and a tad expensive since I only needed a little of each.
This made quite a bit as it filled three bottles.
It will settle. Be prepared to shake when pouring or using.
If your looking for some great articles on weight loss, try here